Selamat Datang di Jurnal Online Fakultas Ekonomi dan Bisnis Universitas Singaperbangsa Karawang

Search website

THE INFLUNCE OF PROFESSIONALISM, ACHIEVEMENT MOTIVATION AND EMPOWERMENT AGAINST THE WORK DISCIPLINE AND ITS IMPLICATION ON TEACHER PERFORMANCE (Empirical Study on High School Teachers in Karawang Regency)

THE INFLUNCE OF PROFESSIONALISM, ACHIEVEMENT MOTIVATION AND EMPOWERMENT AGAINST THE WORK DISCIPLINE AND ITS IMPLICATION ON TEACHER PERFORMANCE (Empirical Study on High School Teachers in Karawang Regency)

 

      1. 1. Rahmat Hasbullah

Lecturer at the Faculty of Business and Economics University of Singaperbangsa Karawang (UNSIKA)

      1. 2. Anoesyirwan Moeins

The Professor of UPI-YAI Doctoral Management Science Program. Jakarta Indonesia

 

ABSTRACT

The development of quality in education in Indonesia is inevitable matter. This can be seen on the Poor of HDI, the competitiveness index of education and educational development index (EDI of Indonesia, which have indicated the presence problems in the quality of Indonesian education. Improving the quality of education in Indonesia is never apart from the role of the teacher, the teacher holds the position of the most strategically in the front line by interacting with students, so teachers must have the quality of teacher and performed well, that can make students develop his or her potential independently. Many factors affects the performance of teachers which are; discipline of work, discipline professionalism and achievement motivation, according to some experts, they gives the largest contribution in addition to the empowerment, in establishing on teacher performance.
The objective of this study is to analyze the influences of professionalism, achievement motivation, and empowerment on teacher’s work discipline. and its implication on teacher performance.. The sample used totally 417 Certified of High School Teachers in Karawang regency, and the data were analyzed by using SEM (Structural Equation Modeling).
The Findings were, professionalism, achievement motivation, and empowerment as partially and or jointly had influenced as partially and or jointly, with positive and significant on discipline of work, with a contribution 53% while the remaining of 47% was influenced by other factors, with achievement motivation is the most dominant influence on the discipline of work, in the other hand professionalism, achievement motivation, empowerment and discipline of work had influenced as partially and or jointly, with positive and significant on teacher performance with the contribution 85%, and the remaining 15% were influenced by other factors, with Discipline work is the most dominant influence on the performance of teachers. The result had also shown that work discipline is a partial mediating of professionalism, achievement motivation and empowerment on Teacher performance
Keywords: Professionalism, Achievement Motivation, Empowerment, Work Discipline, Teacher Performance